Windows Password Recovery
Welcome to Windows Password Recovery, a network security analyzer and Windows password recovery utility. Windows Password Recovery tool is the only solution that implements the most advanced, patented password recovery technologies developed in Passcape Software, such as Artificial Intelligence or Pass-phrase attack.
Compared to similar products, Windows Password Recovery features a number of competitive advantages:
For home users - easy set up and use. Easily recovers or resets forgotten passwords to any Windows account.
For system administrators - password audit reveals security breaches, helping the administrators to ensure the reliability and security of the corporate network. Checks the security level of Windows operating systems.
For forensics, industry and government security experts - analyzes and audits system security policies, issues recommendations on improving the stability of the operating systems' password protection.
- Contemporary, easily customizable graphical user interface.
- Imports hashes from 9 other programs.
- Imports directly from SAM or ntds.dit; even if the files are locked by the system, the program still reads them.
- Imports hashes from remote computers.
- Import hashes from system shadow copies, restore points, backup and repair folders.
- Can backup\save local registry files and Active Directory database.
- Imports password history hashes.
- Recovers some account passwords instantly (when importing locally).
- Supports Active Directory (domain accounts).
- Supports importing from 64-bit systems.
- Exports hashes to the PWDUMP file.
- The software has 18 types of different attacks. 10 of them are unique, implemented upon patented technologies and used in our products only.
- The program supports multithreading, fully leveraging the power of modern computers.
- Dictionary attack supports text dictionaries in the ASCII, UNICODE,UTF8, PCD, RAR and ZIP formats.
- Broad choice of online dictionaries for dictionary attacks (about 2 GB). Not enough? Take a look at our ultimate and unique 10 Gb wordlist collection.
- Some of the program's functions - e.g., word mutation - are unique. For example, the total number of mutation rules exceeds a hundred and fifty. Not any other similar application features that!
- Supports unlimited number of hashes.
- Supports for long (up to 255 character) passwords.
- Artificial Intelligent analysis of found passwords.
- High search speed on modern computers - over billion passwords per second utilizing GPU power.
- Includes auxiliary tools: hash generator, password strength check, rainbow tables generators, SAM/NTDS.DIT backup tool, asterisk password revealer, resetting user password directly in SAM or NTDS.DIT files, SAM and NTDS.DIT explorers, DPAPI offline decoder, searching passwords by indexing disk sectors, etc.
- Useful wordlist utilities
- Advanced password reports
- And much more
How it looks
Windows Password Recovery - screenshots and documentation
Software compatibility chart
Windows Password Recovery - program FAQ
Windows passwords FAQ
How it works (video)
Working with the program, interface description. The video sent by our registered user PS. Liang.
512 Mb RAM, OS based on Windows® NT (Windows 2k/XP/2k3/2K8/Vista/7/8), 40 Mb HDD space.
To run a GPU-based attack, you will need a CUDA-based video card with compute capability 2.0 or AMD-based GPU starting with 5xxx series.
Old Windows NT hashes (without SYSKEY) are not supported any more. When running on Windows 2000, you should manually copy GDIPLUS.DLL file to the program's directory. For recovering hashes using NVidia GPU, you will need Windows XP or higher OS. AMD Radeon cards require Windows Vista or higher OSes.
English, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish. Add yours and get free registration.
Some of the program's features (eg. dumping hashes from Volume Shadow Copies) are required Administrator privileges.
Known issues and bugs
The program supports all types of the SYSKEY encryption. In some cases you'll need SYSKEY startup password or SYSKEY boot disk, if the appropriate option was set in the system.
The program although contains no harmful code, may be detected by some anti-virus/anti-spyware software as backdoor, potentially dangerous or 'potentially unwanted program'. This is also known as 'False Alert', and it's quite a common problem for all password recovery software.
All Passcape registered products include FREE LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT.
An unregistered version of Windows Password Recovery shows only first 3 characters of decrypted passwords, has some functional limitations, and allows to perform password audit for 100 user accounts at a time. After the program is purchased, you'll get:
- Registration key that eliminates limitations of the DEMO version.
- Priority lifetime technical support
- Free lifetime upgrade
- Help in solving out passwords recovery problems
The software is available in three editions: Light, Standard and Advanced. Take a look at the detailed list of features for each program's edition.
With this program people often use the following items:
Download Windows Password Recovery
View WPR version history
Order full version