Passcape Win CD Keys
Often you have to access your Windows or Office license (CD) keys in order to install/reinstall the software or to find out if it's legally purchased. Passcape Win CD Keys is a program that can help you recover lost CD keys for over 500 installed products: Microsoft Windows, MS Office, OneNote, Microsoft Money, Microsoft SQL Server, Westwood games, Ubisoft games, Valve Software games, Crytek games, Microsoft games, Sierra games, Electronic Arts games, Sony, Corel, Adobe, Symantec, Macromedia, Ulead, Cyberlink, Ahead, Borland, Ashampoo, O&O, and other products not listed here that store their keys in the Windows registry.
- Recover CD keys stored in the Windows Registry;
- Choose between two (automatic and manual) recovery modes;
- Decrypt CD keys directly from Windows registry files. If your system is unbootable, just copy 'Software' registry file to a floppy or flash drive and then feed it to PWCDKEY;
- Export passwords to text, html or excel files;
- Prevent an unauthorized program execution;
- Multilingual passwords support;
- Friendly wizard interface;
- Detailed help;
- Install/uninstall support.
- Passcape Win CD Keys v2 has some new features and improvements. Now it is compatible with Windows Vista and LongHorn product keys (however it seems that activated Vista won't store it's product key in the registry any more), has new functionality to retrieve custom keys. PWCDKEY contains built-in definitions for more than 1000 software products. You can use this sample to create your own key definition templates. Just edit it and save as licenses.ini into the program's installation directory.
How it looks like
Passcape Win CD Keys tips and screenshots
How it works
Recovering CD keys flash video 3:05 min, 700 Kb (demo_pwcdkey.swf)
Windows® 95/98/NT/ME/2000/XP/2003, less than 2 Mb on your hard drive.
Actually we have not tested the program with all versions and products. Please inform us about YOUR recovered products and versions. Your help will be appreciated.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Ukrainian. Add yours and get free registration.
PWCDKEY manual recovery mode supports only Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 registry files.
Sometimes the Windows product key recovered by PWCDKEY is different from the product key on your Windows CD. The problem is often reported with Dell computers. These computers instead have an OS been installed and pre-activated and have an option to restore to their original system state.
Microsoft Office 2000 is not supported, because this version of Office doesn't store it's product key anywhere.
Known issues and bugs
The program although contains no harmful code, may be detected by some anti-virus/anti-spyware software as potentially dangerous or 'potentially unwanted program'. This is also known as 'False Alert', and it's quite a common problem for all password recovery software.
All Passcape registered products include FREE LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT.
Register the program and get all new versions for FREE and for LIFE.
An unregistered version of Passcape Win CD Keys shows only first 5 characters of the decrypted keys and has some functional limitations. After the program is purchased, you'll get:
- Registration key that eliminates all limitations of the DEMO version
- Priority lifetime technical support
- Free lifetime upgrade
- Help in solving out passwords recovery problems
If you want to obtain the registration free of charge, please send us at least 10 key descriptions (templates) that are unknown to the program. The custom configuration file with some examples is here.
Download Passcape Win CD Keys
View PWCDKEY version history
Order full version
Have a look at this page if you don't know how to download and install the application.